- Losing my Religion: The Effects of Religious Scandals on Religious Participation and Charitable Giving (with Ricardo Perez-Truglia) Journal of Public Economics, September 2015, Vol. 129, pages 106-119.
Supplemental Material: Animated map of US
Media: Pacific Standard; Harvard Business Review; Clarin – Spanish
- Access to Preprimary Education and Progression in Primary School: Evidence from Rural Guatemala (with Paulo Bastos and Julian Cristia) Economic Development and Cultural Change, April 2017, Vol. 65, no. 3, pages 521-547.
- Deconstructing the hedonic treadmill: Is happiness autoregressive? (with Ricardo Perez-Truglia) The Journal of Socio-Economics, May 2011, 40(4)224-236
- Choosing Your Pond: Location Choices and Relative Income (with Ricardo Perez-Truglia)
- Big Fish in a Small Pool? The Effect of Competition on Performance (with Dan Bernhardt)
- Can’t Stop the One-Armed Bandits: The Effects of Access to Gambling on Crime (with Ignacio Sarmiento and Andres Ham)
- Information Policies and Higher Education Choices: Experimental evidence from Colombia (with Leonardo Bonilla and Andres Ham)
- Does Gamification in Education Work? Experimental evidence from Chile (with Roberto Araya, Elena Arias Ortiz and Julian Cristia)
- Resource rents, coercion, and local development: Evidence from post-apartheid South Africa (with Paulo Bastos) – revise and resubmit
Work in Progress
- Welfare Programs and Private Provision of Public Goods: Evidence from changes in SNAP eligibility
- Social Image vs Self Esteem: evidence from discrete choice experiment (with Katsunori Yamada, Ricardo Perez-Truglia and Hitoshi Shigeoka